Planets home Sun Mercury Venus

Monday 5 January 2009

UKBC official machine

So there is very little information online about the competition machine the SanRemo verona TCS:
GetAsset.aspx.jpg
I had a bit of a play with this bit of kit at a barista jam at Ristretto in Wimbledon during December.
I am not overly impressed by the machine, but it is not without it's pros:
-It has 2 groups their 'tcs' which I think is simply a PID system used in some machines.
-It has the option of pre-infusion or non pre-infusion shots
-A large 9l steam boiler
A major issue I have discussed with someone is that the pre-infusion option lets out a lot of steam initially, I think this will burn the coffee from the start, so it may need quite a long purge just before the shot.
I am not  fan of twisting steam levers, I am more fond of the elektra/spaziale flick steam levers.
Anyone else had a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment